MARINE CORPS AIR STATION IWAKUNI, Japan --
Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni has received queries regarding the 2014 U.S.-Japan, limited-scope, Friendship Day scheduled for May 5. This release provides amplifying information before the open house celebration coming in a few days. The air station hopes these will help to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone and no cause for concern for guests and station personnel. See you at Friendship Day 2014.
- EVENT MAP – is now available for download at Friendship Day official website.
- AIRCRAFT STATIC DISPLAY – to include U.S. Marine Corps F/A-18, AV-8, UC-12W as well as KC-130, soon to be our newest family member calling Iwakuni home this summer. Be advised the schedule is always subject to change, but at this time, the P-8 Poseidon, and possibly the MV-22 Osprey, is on the list scheduled to be part of static display at Iwakuni. Furthermore, Japanese Self Defense Force aircraft to include US-2 known for its unique capability as flying boat, EP-3, OP-3C, U-36A, UP-3D, MH-53E, MCH-101, C-1, F-15J as well as a Cessna Extra 300 and many more civilian general aviation aircraft await your visit.
- MILITARY VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT – U.S. military tactical vehicles are frequently seen at humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Come close and take a look what the alliance assets and capability should offer.
- KICKBOARD, ROLLERBRADES – are prohibited on base during Friendship Day.
- SMOKING – is prohibited in the aircraft static display area.
- OFFICIAL DUTY UNIFORMS – Camouflages/Flight suits are symbol of being on active duty and service. Visitors are asked to refrain from wearing military or any official duty uniforms aboard the installation during Friendship Day unless they are on active duty.
- PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES – Political activities, gatherings, displays and signs are prohibited. Please follow instructions provided by uniformed personnel while on base. We reserve the right to escort off the station any person in conflict with our security and safety standards, or interfering with an otherwise enjoyable experience for everyone.
- SAFETY TIPS – It is important to keep your safety in mind while attending Friendship Day. Please practice the following guidelines:
- Keep Hydrated
- Wear Sunblock/Use Hats or Umbrellas
- Wear Comfortable Shoes
- Have a Designated Meeting Spot
- Parents, please ensure your children have your cell phone number and name in their pockets at all times in case you get separated.
- Parents, please keep your children with you at all times - Do not leave them unattended in any areas