Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan


Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan

Welcome to Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni’s official website. MCAS Iwakuni is the only Marine Corps installation on mainland Japan.
Family Housing : Housing and Lodging

The Family Housing Office provides you with well maintained housing, quality customer service, and the best support possible to all personnel of MCAS Iwakuni.

Military personnel assigned to MCAS Iwakuni and having bona fide dependents that reside with the military member on a permanent basis are eligible to apply for on-base housing.

Must Know

Types of housing

Mid-rise (Apartment-type housing facilities)

Mid rise with 2 bedrooms

Mid rise with 3 bedrooms

Town houses (complex housing facilities)

Town house with 2 bedrooms

Town house with 3 bedrooms

Town house with 4 bedrooms
  • Normally, the sponsor (military member responsible for dependents) and spouse occupy one bedroom and each dependent is assigned one bedroom. Field grade officers, Chief Warrant Officers 4 and 5, and enlisted personnel in pay grades E-6 and above should normally be assigned a minimum of three bedrooms.
  • Accompanied personnel waiting for their household goods to arrive may use temporary furniture for up to 60 days.

Single Family Housing

Single Family Housing with 4 bedrooms



Row House with 3 bedrooms

Playground & community room

657 Playground Mid-rise Community Room
  • Each mid-rise has a community room that is available and can be checked out for private personal use.
  • Family Housing also provides playgrounds and picnic pavilions that are available to all families on first-come-first serve basis.
Phone Directory
Title DSN Commercial number from Japan Commercial number from the U.S.
Housing management assistant 253-5541 0827-79-5541 011-81-827-79-5541
How to apply for housing

To apply for housing, fill in and submit Form DD1746. All applicants are placed on a waiting list by their established application control date. Members bringing pets will also need to submit the Pet Registration Form.

There are several ways to submit the form to Family Housing:

  1. Have your sponsor request it for you

    Ask your sponsor to fill in the form DD1746 or give them the filled form, and ask them to submit it to our office.

  2. Request it on your own before arriving at MCAS Iwakuni

    Visit your local base housing office to get the form DD1746, or use the form on this site. Fill in the form and sent it to our office:

  3. By mail:
    MCAS Iwakuni
    Facilities Department
    Military Housing Division
    Family Housing Office
    PSC 561 BOX 1871
    FPO AP 96310-0019
    By fax:
    DSN: 253-6521
    Commercial number from Japan: 0827-79-6251
    Commercial number from U.S.: 011-81-827-79-6521
    By e-mail:
  4. Request it after arriving at MCAS Iwakuni

    Visit the Family Housing Office, Building 200, and complete the application. Our hours of operation is Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Closed from noon to 1 p.m.)