Sponsors and family members are responsible to take an active role in preparation for an evacuation, so that you will be better informed and able to move quickly. Preparation translates to reducing risk to you and your family. You must also understand what the U.S. Government will and will not do for you. The military and the U.S. Embassy will work to notify you of an evacuation order and move you safely and quickly away from danger. They will also attend to your basic needs of food, shelter, transportation and security.
- USFJ Form 178-R: EEP/NEO Data Card (Complete and turn in to Warden)
- ID Cards/CAC – Proper identification is important. Good forms of ID will help determine your evacuation priority and relations.
- Passports/Visas – ID/CAC cards with passports will be the first ID required at the processing center.
- Naturalization Certificates – Naturalization and Alien Registration cards will help non-US citizen’s process more smoothly.
- Social Security Cards – Social Security cards are not required but are highly recommended, especially for children born overseas.
- Birth Certificates/Adoption Papers – Always a good idea to travel with birth documentation for your family in the event of an evacuation.
- Marriage License/Divorce Decree – This documentation will help establish sponsorship and relations.
- Valid Driver’s License – In order to drive in the US you will need a valid driver’s license.
- NEO Processing Center Station Checklist - This coversheet will act as your road map during the NEO processing.
- Record of Emergency Data - Print from Marine On Line (MOL). Required to help establish next of kin. Ensure it is up to date and included with your NEO Package.
- DD Form 1610 - Request and Authorization for TDY Travel of DoD Personnel (for Military Personnel) may be required during the evacuation process. Lines of accounting and approval signatures will be provided at evacuation processing centers.
- DD Form 2585 - Repatriation Processing Center Processing Sheet. Required during in-processing for personnel accountability while in a safe haven status. This information is entered into a family support system and ensures families can be kept apprised of latest news regarding changes in status. It is critical that this document is complete.
- Information for DoD Civilian Employees - DD Form 2461 - Authorization for Emergency Advance and Allotment Payments for DoD Civilian Employees. Required for civilian employees requesting advanced pay.
- DD Form 1337 - Authorization for Emergency Pay and Allowances. Used for families of military personnel. Without the appropriate form, required signatures, and in the case of civilians, appropriate sponsor’s fund site, families may not be able to receive an advance pay from the sponsor’s pay entitlements.
- Change of Address form
- DS-3072 - Repatriation Emergency Medical - Dietary Assistance
- DS-5528 - Evacuee Manifest-Promissory Note
- DD Form 1299 - Application for Shipment and/or Storage of Personal Property. Used in case your household goods require shipment while you and your family are evacuated.
- DD Form 1701 - Inventory of Household Goods. This form will be used as an inventory of household goods located in the evacuee’s quarters in Iwakuni. This form may be used later upon return to the U.S. if it becomes necessary to file a claim against the U.S. government for personal property lost and/or destroyed as a result of the evacuation. You can use the detailed list of household goods from your most recent PCS move in place of this form.
- Residence Key Envelope (PDF / MS Word) (Provides authorities who remain in Iwakuni a means to access your residence for security reasons or to ship your household goods if required) (Cut out the form and tape or glue it to a legal sized envelope, place key inside)
- Vehicle Key Envelope
- Vehicle Control Form - Provides authorities who remain in Iwakuni a means to safely relocate vehicles.
- DD Form 788 - Private Vehicle Shipping Document For Automobile
- DD Form 788-1 - Private Vehicle Shipping Document For Van
- DD Form 788-2 - Private Vehicle Shipping Document For Motorcycle
- DD Form 2506 - Vehicle Impoundment Report
- Family Care Certification (Service Specific)
- DD Form 2208 - Rabies Vaccination Certificate (Three copies (2) in a waterproof envelope for the certified pet carrier.
- DD Form 2209 - Veterinary Health Certificate (Three copies (2) in a waterproof envelope for the certified pet carrier.
- Animal NEO Card - Used to initiate tracking of pet(s) during an actual evacuation.
- EFT and Manual Financial Assistance Allotment Repayment Agreement (PDF / Word) – Initiates the NMCRS loan.
Legal Support Services Detachment
Below are the forms that can be completed through our office, but only before a NEO;
- Will Worksheet - Allows you to outline your last will and testament, appointment is required to obtain a will through our office.
- POA Worksheet - Allows persons to choose between special or general, if they require a special power of attorney (SPOA), then they have an array of options to choose form, or can choose "miscellaneous" and enter their own request. This must be done in our office.
- POA Worksheet – Care for Children
American Red Cross:
- Safe and Well Registration Form - Family information will be entered in the American Red Cross Safe and Well website at www.redcross.org/safeandwell where your loved ones can search for your information about you.
- Upon check-in, patrons will provide their NEO address to the post office. Should your NEO address change, please come back at any time during normal business hours and update it with the post office.