Emergency Evacuation Program (EEP)
Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan

Emergency Evacuation Program

Sponsors and family members are responsible to take an active role in preparation for an evacuation, so that you will be better informed and able to move quickly. Preparation translates to reducing risk to you and your family. You must also understand what the U.S. Government will and will not do for you. The military and the U.S. Embassy will work to notify you of an evacuation order and move you safely and quickly away from danger. They will also attend to your basic needs of food, shelter, transportation and security.

Not all forms will be fully completed prior to arriving at the Evacuation Control Center. Complete as much information as possible and leave all other portions blank to be filled out at the ECC.

For any questions, please contact your EEP coordinator at your shop/unit or watch the video linked below.


EEP Packet button  


  • USFJ Form 178-R: EEP Data Card (Complete and turn in to Warden)

  • ID Cards/CAC – Proper identification is important. Good forms of ID will help determine your evacuation priority and relations.

  • Passports/Visas – ID/CAC cards with passports will be the first ID required at the processing center.

  • Naturalization Certificates – Naturalization and Alien Registration cards will help non-US citizen’s process more smoothly.

  • Social Security Cards – Social Security cards are not required but are highly recommended, especially for children born overseas.

  • Birth Certificates/Adoption Papers – Always a good idea to travel with birth documentation for your family in the event of an evacuation.

  • Marriage License/Divorce Decree – This documentation will help establish sponsorship and relations.

  • Valid Driver’s License – In order to drive in the US you will need a valid driver’s license.

  • EEP Processing Center Station Checklist - This coversheet will act as your road map during the EEP processing.


  • DD Form 1610 - Request and Authorization for TDY Travel of DoD Personnel (for Military Personnel) may be required during the evacuation process. Lines of accounting and approval signatures will be provided at evacuation processing centers.

  • DD Form 2585 - Repatriation Processing Center Processing Sheet. Required during in-processing for personnel accountability while in a safe haven status. This information is entered into a family support system and ensures families can be kept apprised of latest news regarding changes in status. It is critical that this document is complete.

  • Information for DoD Civilian Employees - DD Form 2461 - Authorization for Emergency Advance and Allotment Payments for DoD Civilian Employees. Required for civilian employees requesting advanced pay.

  • DD Form 1337 - Authorization for Emergency Pay and Allowances. Used for families of military personnel. Without the appropriate form, required signatures, and in the case of civilians, appropriate sponsor’s fund site, families may not be able to receive an advance pay from the sponsor’s pay entitlements.

  • DS-3072 - Repatriation Emergency Medical - Dietary Assistance 

  • DS-5528 - Evacuee Manifest-Promissory Note



  • DD Form 1299 - Application for Shipment and/or Storage of Personal Property. Used in case your household goods require shipment while you and your family are evacuated.

  • DD Form 1701 - Inventory of Household Goods. This form will be used as an inventory of household goods located in the evacuee’s quarters in Iwakuni. This form may be used later upon return to the U.S. if it becomes necessary to file a claim against the U.S. government for personal property lost and/or destroyed as a result of the evacuation. You can use the detailed list of household goods from your most recent PCS move in place of this form.

  • Residence/Vehicle Key Envelope Provides authorities who remain in Iwakuni a means to access your residence for security reasons or to ship your household goods if required. Cut out the form and tape or glue it to a legal sized envelope, place key inside.

  • Vehicle Control Form - Provides authorities who remain in Iwakuni a means to safely relocate vehicles.

  • DD Form 788 - Private Vehicle Shipping Document For Automobile

  • DD Form 788-1 - Private Vehicle Shipping Document For Van

  • DD Form 788-2 - Private Vehicle Shipping Document For Motorcycle

  • DD Form 2506 - Vehicle Impoundment Report



EFT and Manual Financial Assistance Allotment Repayment Agreement (PDF / Word) – Initiates the NMCRS loan.

Pet owners should bring the completed EEP paperwork packet that is obtained from the veterinarian’s office. This packet contains your Animal Identification Form, Rabies Certificate, Health Certificate, and Immunization Record. These packets are handed to owners at your release from Government of Japan Quarantine exam and owners will receive an updated copy each year with their annual exam. If you cannot locate your packet, please come by the Veterinary Treatment Facility and we will make you a new one.

Add the paragraph: Rigid hard kennels are required; soft kennels are not allowed. A hard kennel ensures your pet meets travel requirements as most pets will be flying as cargo. This protects your pet as kennels may be stacked and moved around. You will also need to bring two bowls for each kennel, 7 days of food for each pet. and any medications your pet may require.


Legal Support Services Detachment

  • Below are the forms that can be completed through our office, but only before a EEP;

  • Will Worksheet - Allows you to outline your last will and testament, appointment is required to obtain a will through our office.

  • POA Worksheet - Allows persons to choose between special or general, if they require a special power of attorney (SPOA), then they have an array of options to choose form, or can choose "miscellaneous" and enter their own request. This must be done in our office.

  • POA Worksheet – Care for Children

American Red Cross:

  • Safe and Well Registration Form - Family information will be entered in the American Red Cross Safe and Well website at www.redcross.org/safeandwell where your loved ones can search for your information about you.


  • Upon check-in, patrons will provide their EEP address to the post office. Should your EEP address change, please come back at any time during normal business hours and update it with the post office.